Website Starke Ayres (Pty) Ltd.
This Job Listing is about Starke Ayres (Pty) Ltd. in Oudtshoorn,WesternCape,SouthAfrica 2022
About the job
The above position has become available in our Research Department at our research facility outside Oudtshoorn in the Western Cape. Reporting to the Plant Breeder of the Onion Breeding Programme, the purpose of this role will be to assist with the general field duties, as well as controlling field workers, data collection and maintaining equipment.
- Field Assistant for the Onion Breeding Programme.
- Supervise planting process and field preparation.
- Supervise plant husbandry including irrigation, weed, insect, disease control and pollination.
- Supervise and execute data collecting and harvesting of plants.
- Ensure tasks are executed to a high standard of accuracy and research protocols.
- Oversee productivity of sub-ordinates and overall quality of work.
- The position will require travelling off-station from time to time.
- Working in an open-air environment directly exposed to weather conditions.
- Matric certificate with Mathematics, Biology and / or Science.
- Tertiary qualification in Agriculture / Horticulture an added advantage.
- Practical experience in both open field and protected growing environments.
- Strong communication skills in Afrikaans and English.
- Valid driver’s license essential.
Company: Starke Ayres (Pty) Ltd.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Oudtshoorn,WesternCape,SouthAfrica
Application Deadline: N/A