Website Qatar Airways
This Job Listing is about Qatar Airways in Doha, Qatar
About the job
About The Role
In this role you will be part of 24×7 QR IT NOC team. You will be monitoring large computer networks, servers and applications for problems from a central location. Strong analytical thinkers who enjoy solving problems, successful NOC Engineers thrive in a high-pressure environment with shifting priorities. NOC Engineers are able to assess a situation and determine tactical steps forward, and can lead a team in implementing a strategic plan. In addition to these general skills and personality traits, employers are seeking NOC Engineer candidates with the following skills.
- You should be a strong analytical thinkers who enjoy solving problems, successful NOC Officers thrive in a high-pressure environment with shifting priorities.
- Experience in monitoring, supporting and deploying (whenever required) network & server infrastructures.
- Strong ability to diagnose server or network alerts, events or issues
- Understanding of common information architecture frameworks
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, and ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks and projects with minimal supervision
- Good oral and written communication skills, and ability to address conflict with others constructively
- Experience with Disaster Recovery plans, Backup restoration tests and related technologies.
- Must be flexible to work in schedule (24 x 7) shifts.
- Server hardware experience with HP, Lenovo is an added advantage.
- Experience working in a large distribution environments.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
Be part of an extraordinary story
Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make. You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience. You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community. Our best is here and still to come. To us, impossible is only a challenge. Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
Together, everything is possible
To be successful in this role you must have customer facing experience with good English written and verbal skills. You must handle multiple tasks at one time and work successfully as part of a team, while being under pressure. You must work varied hours / days based on business needs with process oriented approach to address issues in hand. Hands on experience in managing windows or Linux operating system servers would be an added advantage.
You must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent qualification with minimum 6 years of relevant experience in technical support, preferably in an IT services industry. We are looking for someone with good communication, problem solving skills and who can be flexible enough to work on shifts. Having an IT industry certifications such as CCNA, MCSE & ITIL V3 Certification (Foundation course) will be an added advantage. Usage knowledge of Microfocus (HP) Service manager & Microfocus (HP) Monitoring Suite is an added value.
About Qatar Airways Group
Our story started with four aircraft. Today, we deliver excellence across 12 different businesses coming together as one. We’ve grown fast, broken records and set trends that others follow. We don’t slow down by the fear of failure. Instead, we dare to achieve what’s never been done before. So whether you’re creating a unique experience for our customers or innovating behind the scenes, every person contributes to our proud story. A story of spectacular growth and determination. Now is the time to bring your best ideas and passion to a place where your ambition will know no boundaries, and be part of a truly global community
Company: Qatar Airways
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Doha, Qatar
Application Deadline: N/A