This Job Listing is about RBC in Nassau, New Providence, The Bahamas 2022
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
Recovery & Specialized Services Officer
What is the opportunity?
As the Recoveries & Specialized Services officer, you will be responsible for the professional and efficient delivery of operational; administrative and processing responsibilities required to support the Unit’s collections activities via management of Repossession Litigation (Secured/Unsecured), Property Sales, Restructure & ODWO portfolios
What will you do?
- Maintain/monitor assigned collection portfolio minimizing the bank’s sundry or loan losses.
- Maintain and effectively work a personal portfolio of outstanding client debt, ensuring activities are completed within guidelines
- Negotiate on a case by case basis, a repayment schedule directly with the client by quickly assessing the file detail, the bank’s legal alternatives and the client’s ability to repay
- Negotiate and approve settlement in full arrangements within approved limits for personal and collection agency files
- Evaluate the Bank’s position to decision the viability of litigation
- Monitor activity of accounts assigned to outside agencies, approve remittance/commission and ensure accounts are worked diligently as stipulated in contract
- Update personal portfolio with all pertinent information on all related systems and collection agency results
- Responsible for updating, management and execution the RBC Property Sales web site for Caribbean Banking
- Lead all sales activities for properties under mortgage enforcement with a vision to selling properties in the least amount of time for the most money, while ensuring the client experience is maintained
- Responsible to help maintain contracts, reviews, SLAs with all RBC Collection vendors involved in the sales process for accounts under mortgage enforcement
- Provides Operational Direction by identifying service improvement opportunities
- Build both internal and external networks to capitalize on business opportunities
- Play an active rolle in internal projects to support development and help build and grow the professional capabilities of the team
- Improving the reporting and assessment of all third party vendors involved in the sale process of accounts under mortgage enforcement
What do you need to succeed?
- At least 4 years banking experience in retail lending with at least 1 year experience in the area of Collections (Remedial/Problem Loan Management)
- Strong Interpersonal, Organizational, Communication and Analytical Skills
- In-depth knowledge of all applicable Credit & Risk Policies and Guidelines, procedures and practices, Folios etc.
- Basic knowledge of lending/securities and understanding of delinquency management
- Proficient with Bank technology including T24, RIBS, TS2
- In-depth knowledge of all applicable Risk Policies and Guidelines, procedures and practices, Folios etc.
- Risk assessment and analysis skills
- Sound legal knowledge-base
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Opportunity to manage greater responsibilities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive and high performing team
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
Nassau, Bahamas (the)
Personal and Commercial Banking
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Nassau, New Providence, The Bahamas
Application Deadline: N/A