This Job Listing is about Eaton in Johannesburg,Gauteng,SouthAfrica 2022
About the job
Eaton Location – Johannesburg
Do you want to work for a global company where promoting gender equality is central to our vision of creating a truly diverse and inclusive business? Where everyone matters, and everyone belongs?
Join us and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that make a real impact. We make what matters work. To find out more about us check: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
The Sales Representative will be a key member for the success of growing and maintaining relationships with local/international panel builders for the Data Centre and Commercial Building segment, promoting sales of Eaton solutions and associated product to existing Client base and developing New Clients within allocated Segments.
Conducting site visits to establish client requirements and providing solutions in line with the client’s needs.
Communicating with existing customers, gathering market intelligence, and benchmarking against our competition to know and understand the market requirements. Support colleagues and customers in Southern Africa on these products to ensure targets and budgets are achieved
- Achieve sales based on allocated target while keeping margin targets in line with company’s expectations
- Develop and implement strategies to grow allocated target segments
- Prepare monthly forecasts, reports and other documentation as required by Management
- Implement and keep the Sales CRM Flat File up to date (sales calls, opportunities etc.)
- Must be proficient in the use the Microsoft Office suit
- Must be able to do technical and product presentations to customers
- Should display a high level of commercial and contract knowledge
- Should conduct site visits and be able to advise customers on technical electrical solutions for their requirements
- Electrical Degree or National Diploma (N6 or higher level with electrical qualification)
- Knowledge of IEC61439 and IEC60947 regulations
- Preferably 3-4 years technical sales experience in panel builder environment
- Fundamental knowledge of power management products and pricing
- Presentation skills, public speaking
- Good Commercial and Contract knowledge
- Fundamental knowledge of power management products and pricing
- Willingness to travel
- Computer skills – Microsoft office suite
- Ability and willingness to work in a diverse environment
- Ability and willingness to travel – have valid driver’s license
- Good command of English language
What We Offer To You
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Permanent contract in a fast-growing global company
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- We make ethics and culture matter – You will enjoy working in supportive and collaborative workplace where ethics and safety are in our DNA
- We make your perspectives matter – Different points of view are what drive innovation and collaboration, and at Eaton, innovation begins with top-to-bottom diversity. Our senior leadership is made up of individuals from diverse groups to help create an environment where employees feel represented and heard at every level.
- We make your aspirations matter – Eaton encourages internal promotion, whenever possible
- We make your growth matter – We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
- We make your contributions matter – reliability, safety, efficiency, and sustainability are at the core of our dedication to improving people’s lives and the environment through power management technologies.
- We make your wellbeing matter – We put your health and safety first. Wellness at Eaton is more than a program, it’s about changing the environment by offering the right tools to help empower employees to make that happen
Our Recent Awards
- FORTUNE’s 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies list
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies 2021 by Ethisphere
- Top 50 Employers List 2020 by Woman Engineer Magazine
- Best Place to work for LGBTQ Equality 2020 by Human Rights Campaign
- Named to 100 Best Corporate Citizens 2020 list for 13th consecutive year by 3BL Media
- 100 Best Corporate Citizens list for 11th consecutive year by Corporate Responsibility
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: ES EMEA Sales and Marketing Customer Experience
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes – Hybrid
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg,Gauteng,SouthAfrica
Application Deadline: N/A