Website Puma Energy
This Job Listing is about Puma Energy in Johannesburg,Gauteng,SouthAfrica 2022
About the job
To ensure that collections from debtors come in within the credit limit periods
or otherwise agreed with.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities:
Daily reporting on debtors book by 11.00 every working day
- Confirmation that contact is made and with whom
- Confirmation that customer acknowledges the amount due
- Documentation of reasons why customer is not in a position to confirm payment on due date
- Action required to satisfy the customer with regards customer committing to payment
- Documenting follow-up dates for action
- Overdue not greater than 1% of the due amount after 1 day of the due date
- No customer more than 5 days overdue, where you have not made positive contact with the customer at least 3 times before the due date and at least 3 time post due date.
- DSO of xxx (excluding the current bad debt book).
- Communication of monthly cash flows based on expected collections from debtors book.
- Communication and escalation of risk customers that are outside their payment terms by 5 days.
- Preparation of customer credit limit increase requests within 1 working day of receiving the documents
- Professional correspondence and communication with all customers and internal stakeholders
- Management of staff to ensure that they meet their daily obligations and outputs.
- Identifying all payments on the bank statements daily and ensure that all receipts are captured daily and assigned daily.
- An output of NO unapplied payments daily, except for prepayment customers.
- Reconciling of the customer accounts to ensure all payments are received against the invoices and resolve any issues resulting from unreconciled amounts
Required Education Level:
Relevant Bachelor’s degree in Finance OR
Relevant National Diploma in Finance
Required Experience: Minimum 3-5 years of experience in Credit Controlling
Specific Knowledge Required:
- Microsoft Excel
Specific Skills Required:
Specific Abilities Required:
- Communication: Communicating in simple and effective language
via emails or phone to achieve objective. Interpersonal skills are essential.
- Confidentiality: due regard must be shown with all knowledge and
information relating to Company finances and clients. Must also
comply with Company policy.
- Self-motivation: meets objectives and standards on own initiative
including less satisfying tasks.
- Teamwork: Team player with an interest in the business dynamics
- Organization: works systematically, uses time efficiently; ability to
prioritize and meet deadlines without direct supervision, work to
- Response to change: adaptable, interested in learning and
- developing to meet changing situations, an enthusiastic approach to
- the introduction of new technology.
Key Relationships and Department Overview:
- Maintain customer communication between sales and credit.
- Confidence to deal with a range of stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Key communication skills between customer and credit daily.
Company: Puma Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg,Gauteng,SouthAfrica
Application Deadline: N/A