This Job Listing is about Nedbank in Johannesburg,Gauteng,SouthAfrica 2022
About the job
Requisition Number and Contact Details
REQ # 121912
Talent Acquisition Consultant – Ezekiel Dube
Location – Sandton
Closing Date – 27 October 2022
To maximise profit for Nedbank through effective recoveries and loss mitigation through enabling others.
- Maximise profitability by managing 3rd party costs, timeous follow ups and appropriate action.
- Explore innovative recovery avenues by improving collection methods and using effective and streamlined processes.
- Ensure quality and accuracy of outputs checking work from direct reports, working within turnaround times and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Ensure external stakeholders perform within the required standards by managing performance and costs in line with the Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Meet financial and operational targets (provisions / impairments) by planning (including budgeting), monitoring and reviewing performance then implementing action plans.
- Manage performance of staff by implementing performance agreements, ensuring a clear vision, agreeing on goals and objectives, providing regular feedback on performance, recognising and rewarding achievement and take appropriate corrective action where required.
- Mentor and coach staff on identified performance gaps by discussing these performance gaps and agree on appropriate action to be taken.
- Motivate staff to perform and contribute to the success of the business by creating environment of teamwork through engaging with staff (sharing information) and encouraging participation in decision making processes.
- Stay abreast in field of expertise and deliver on the expectations from stakeholders by building capability of self and staff through identifying current and future training and development needs.
- Contribute to team effectiveness by following the recruitment process when recruiting talent.
- Maintain a capable high performing team and ensure an environment for optimal performance is created by identifying talent pool through conducting career conversations, utilising the talent grid principles and developing talent retention programmes (e.g. rotation).
- Ensure self and staff understand and embrace the Nedbank Vision and Values by leading by example and re-enforcing values during meetings.
- Manage the on boarding process of new employees by ensuring execution of preparations according to the on-boarding check-list.
- Ensure transformational target are met for own team through consideration of targets during the staff recruitment, retention and training process and utilising suppliers listed on the preferred supplier list.
- Contribute to a culture conducive to the achievement of transformation goals by participating in Nedbank Culture building initiatives (e.g. staff surveys etc).
- Participate in the development and implement action plans to address issues raised in culture surveys to improve results.
- Address issues raised in culture surveys by participating in the development and implementation of action plans.
- Create a client service culture through various required interventions.
- Support and encourage staff to participate and support corporate responsibility initiative.
- Achieve operational excellence by supporting the implementation of business optimisation improvement through team engagement.
- Encourage team to generate innovative ideas and share knowledge.
- Attend to Defended and Litigation Matters on behalf of the bank to prevent risk
Minimum Experience Level
- 5 – 7 years business management experience in a collectionsecoveries or risk environment which includes a leadership role.
- In Depth Debt Collections and Recoveries knowledge.
- Practicing as an Attorney (preferably)
Essential Qualifications – NQF Level
- Matric/Grade 12 National Senior Certificate; and
- LLB – completed; and
- Financial diploma/ degree or financial background (advantageous)
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Business administration and management
- Client service principles
- Communication Strategies
- Financial Accounting Principles
- Governance, Risk and Compliance Knowledge
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Strategic planning
- Business writing skills
- Management information and reporting principles, tools and mechanisms
- Industry specific knowledge
- National Credit Act knowledge essential
- Magistrate’s and High Court Act knowledge essential
- Banking knowledge
- Budgeting & Financial Accounting principles
- Relevant product knowledge
- Debt Recovery Practices
- Principles of project management
- Relevant software and system knowledge
- Research Methodology
- Operational Planning
- Service Level agreement and Vendor Management
- Strategic Planning
- Change Management
- Presentation skills
- People management skills
- Leadership skills
- Negotiation and Decision making skills
Type of Exposure
- Managing a team of people
- Communicating job requirements and performance standards to other and measure team and employee performance as well as conducting performance discussions.
- Enforcing disciplinary actions against employees
- Conducting continuous performance feedback meetings
- Working with a group to identify alternative solutions to work situations
- Building and maintaining effective relationships externally and internally
- Creating a business plan
- Implementing a strategic plan
- Measuring client satisfaction
- Coaching and mentoring others
- Recruiting and staffing
- Managing business risk
- Conducting root cause analysis
- Analysing and interpreting qualitative and quantitative data
- Identifying trends.
- Conducting gap analysis and needs analysis
- Drafting report and check accuracy of reports and records
- Interacting with various levels of management
- Managing multiple tasks and projects
- Influencing stakeholders to obtain buy-in for concepts and ideas
- Communicating complex information (written and/or orally)
- Brainstorming ways of improving processes or strategies
- Challenging the status quo with a view to improving the environment
- Preparing and delivering presentations
- Writing business proposals
- Providing professional advice/opinion
- Attending to court process requirements
- Using different approaches in new work situations/ new ways of working
- Aligning Performance for Success
- Decision Making
- Inspiring others
- Building partnerships
- Driving for Results
- Planning and Organizing
- High Work Standards
- Driven and self -starter
- Close-knit team
- Team player
It will be beneficial for the individual to have own transport as the role will require travelling.
For any assistance or more info please contact the Nedbank Recruiting Team
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg,Gauteng,SouthAfrica
Application Deadline: N/A