Are you looking for a Job at SNCLavalin in Riyadh, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
About the job
Associate Director – Cost/Commercial Management
Located in North-West Saudi Arabia, and serving as a crossroads between East and West, AlUla has been built by successive societies and civilizations over millennia. The exhibition will take visitors on a journey through the natural and historic wonders of this region by immersing them in AlUla’s unique landscape and the ancient North Arabian Kingdoms of Dadan and Lihyan, and the Nabataean city of Hegra, Saudi Arabia’s first UNESCO World Heritage Site. A region of outstanding natural and cultural significance in North-West Saudi Arabia. Royal Commission for AlUla (RCU) has embarked on a long-term plan to develop and deliver a sensitive, sustainable transformation of the region, reaffirming it as one of the country’s most important archaeological and cultural destinations and preparing it to welcome visitors from around the world.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in cost and commercial management of projects at both pre contract, tender/procurement and post contract stages.
- Middle East construction market experience in last 4-5 years preferable.
- Middle East construction experience added benefit, delivery experience in Saudi Arabia would be a differentiator.
- Good common law, contract, commercial and fiduciary understanding, minimum 15 years post qualification experience.
- Excellent written English for preparation of contracts, task orders, contract letters, notices and communications.
- Good negotiation skills to agree contracts with clients, contractors and sub-contractors.
- Previous experience in government departments/ client-side and or contractor roles.
- Large company project financial control systems use and understanding.
- Large company internal governance procedures will be an added factor.
- Good attention to detail and ability to review invoices and contracts prior to issue.
- Degree in relevant discipline (quantity surveying).
- Professional Membership (MRICS, MCIOB, MCIPS, MCIArb).
- Knowledge of KSA common/ government/ contract law.
- Knowledge of PMIS systems.
- Contract interpretation and advice/ action.
- Client and stakeholder management.
- Executive level reporting.
- Internal project and financial management.
- Internal governance management.
- Resource management.
- Managing and assisting technical teams to prepare task orders/ work packages.
- Desirable Internal Accounting Experience;
- Maintaining rolling revenue, cost, margin and headcount forecasts.
- Reporting on project performance.
- Leveraging project commercial performance – revenues and costs.
- Ensure time charge hours properly captured and invoiced on time.
- The Individual
- Bachelor’s Degree in Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management from recognised University or Bachelor of Laws.
- Must have previous experience of FIDIC Contracts.
- Strong contractual, commercial and financial knowledge.
- Minimum 15 years pre and/ or post-contract relevant capacity in cost and commercial management.
- Must have consultant and/ or client background for minimum of 10 years.
- Must have minimum of 4 years Middle East experience preferred.
- Project management acumen.
- Good communication skills.
- At ease with Client presentations/ reports.
- Team player, team leader
Technical Knowledge And Experience
- Contracts and sub-contracts- preparation, review and evaluation
- Knowledge of the design process in the project lifecycle
- Knowledge of the site operations process
- Contract and commercial correspondence
- Preparation of financial models and pricing proposals
- Understanding and experience of project planning, programme and delay claim preparation and evaluation
- Management of variations and claims processes, claims preparation
- Senior level commercial experience on at least one major design and construct project
- Negotiation skills
- Risk management process and practice
- Excellent ability to develop successful client relationships
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary;
- Accommodation allowance;
- Transportation allowance;
- Annual leave;
- Medical and life insurance cover;
- Company gratuity scheme;
- Discretionary bonus scheme;
- Flight allowance
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
SNC Lavalin’s Faithful+Gould business is one of the world’s leading integrated project and programme management consultancies, with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximize our clients’ interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include – Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focused our digital transformation around platform modernization and product development and through standardization and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting – and then developing – brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It’s precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
Acquired by SNC Lavalin in 2017, we also have an extensive depth of geographic exposure across 50 countries and the breadth of 53,000 experts. As one of the largest engineering contractors, we have access to 17,000 staff in the Middle East making us one of the largest multidisciplinary consultancies in the region.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Riyadh, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com