This Job Listing is about KONE in Johannesburg,Gauteng,SouthAfrica 2022
About the job
Did you know KONE moves over one billion people every day? We employ over 57,000 driven professionals in over 60 countries worldwide joined together by a shared vision. As a global leader in the elevator and escalator industry, it is our mission to improve the flow of urban life.
KONE South Africa is looking for an energetic and enthusiastic Sourcing Specialist to be based in our Johannesburg, South Africa office. The Sourcing Specialist will have an integral part to play for KONE South Africa. Reporting directly to the Sourcing Manager , we are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic Sourcing Specialist to be based in our Johannesburg office.
In this role, the successful candidate will plan, manage and control the sourcing activities for KONE South Africa and conduct sourcing category management through detailed plans and will be the point of contact for suppliers assigned to their portfolio.
This is a unique opportunity to join a team of professionals who thrive to drive efficient, fair and direct sourcing strategies in the market. If you feel you have what it takes and can add significant value to this role and department then apply for this exciting opportunity!
Are you the one?
- Qualification in Supply Chain or Procurement; Minimum 3-4 years of experience in sourcing, supply chain management or relevant technical sector;
- Defines source plans for customer projects and works closely with the project team to understand real customer needs;
- Runs RFQs for customer project specific materials and negotiates contracts with suppliers for customer projects;
- Identifies local Sourcing opportunities for direct materials and spare parts;
- Negotiates frame contracts and price lists with suppliers to be used within the unit for direct materials/spares;
- Overall support to the KONE supply chain management through thorough market analysis
- Identification of local sourcing opportunities and mitigation of risk
- Identify and manage local material and service providers according to sourcing categories and plans
- To lead negotiations with local suppliers with a good understanding local supplier base
- To thoroughly execute local and regional supplier agreements
- Ownership of nominated contracts and audits on supplier quality
- Maintain contract validity and manage re-negotiation as needed and in alignment with category
- and sourcing strategy and ensure contract and pricing information in systems is up-to-date
- Arrange and conduct regular steering or review meetings with suppliers and drive resolution of suppliers challenges
- Continually manage supplier saving actions to reduce cost
- Ensure that KONE supplier segmentation specific processes are implemented to suppliers
- Conduct quality audits, scorecard and risk management solutions on suppliers
- Experience in a multinational and matrix organization;
- Should have knowledge of BBBEE legislation;
- High level of Ethics, Compliance and process
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-starter with excellent customer relationship skills
What do we offer?
- Great dynamic team promoting a collaborative environment
- Total reward elements that engage and motivate our employees and help us make KONE a great place to work
- Comprehensive learning and development programs covering a wide range of professional skills
- Engaging job with position description and clear targets
- Regular feedback through performance discussions
- Opportunities for individual development
- Mentoring and coaching programs
- Flexibility, trust and respect
- Value-based culture, behaviors and ethics
- Sustainability and innovation
- Working for a successful organization
Please upload an updated copy of your CV to your application.
At KONE, we are focused on creating an innovative and collaborative working culture where we value the contribution of each individual. Employee engagement is a key focus area for us and we encourage participation and the sharing of information and ideas. Sustainability is an integral part of our culture and the daily practice. We follow ethical business practices and we seek to develop a culture of working together where co-workers trust and respect each other and good performance is recognized. In being a great place to work, we are proud to offer a range of experiences and opportunities that will help you to achieve your career and personal goals and enable you to live a healthy and balanced life.
Read more on www.kone.com/careers
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg,Gauteng,SouthAfrica
Application Deadline: N/A