This Job Listing is about 2U in CapeTown,WesternCape,SouthAfrica 2022
About the job
What We’re Looking For
A highly driven and passionate Student Success Manager to oversee all day-to-day activities and operations related to your assigned cohorts, classes, and/or market(s). Including oversight of instructional staff, and operations including classroom experience, resource and project development, and learner outcomes. We are looking for someone who can balance the administrative needs of the job with the relational dynamics of learner support. The goal is to keep learners & instructors SUPPORTED & ensure they’re successful along with collaborating with teams to ensure the program smoothly transitions to the next stage.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To
- Create a classroom experience that energizes learners and keeps them engaged.
- Develop and refine resources in partnership with other teams to drive successful metrics, student and instructional support, and more.
- Actively attend, monitor, and observe pilot programs to document necessary and suggested improvements.
- Utilize data in SalesForce, Canvas, Tableau and other reporting tools to assess classroom satisfaction and provide feedback and solutions.
- Working to advance knowledge of Google Workspace and other SaaS tools like Jira, Lucidcharts, Smartsheets, and more.
- Ongoing monitoring of student progress while capturing any discrepancies
- Develop positive working relationships with different teams across the organization to develop and grow new products
- Deliver orientation presentations to new cohorts and instructional staff
- Draft and delivery life cycle product updates during various stages of program management (weekly, bi-weekly, monthly).
- Proactively gather feedback from instructional staff, students, and internal stakeholders surrounding content, student/staff experience, and more.
- Communicate system or process changes within the company and new approaches to student support and classroom management.
The Emerging Product Student Success Manager owns these metrics in the following ways:
- Student Experience – The best marketing will always be referrals from our Alumni network. Our goal is to create a transformative learning experience that learners will always fondly remember. The Boot Camp is by its nature an extremely challenging program. You will create “magic moments” within the program that celebrates your learners’ success along the way.
- Instructional Management – You’ll be responsible for supporting instructional staff. Your ability to empower these individuals to own their classroom, create a dynamic learning environment, engage in meaningful connections with learners and skillfully present complex curriculum will undoubtedly contribute positively to the Learner Experience. You will provide weekly feedback from student surveys to guide the classroom experience.
- Team Collaboration – You will manage specialized product offerings and or projects to help support existing products and as a result your ability to collaborate with internal teams is crucial for success. Clear communication along with diplomacy will prove necessary to navigate this arena.
- Program Completion – It is up to the Emerging Product Student Success Manager to ensure our learners are supported and meeting the required metrics to complete the program successfully.
Things That Should Be In Your Background
- You have worked in a capacity where motivating others was essential to your success
- You understand the importance of deadlines and streamlined communication
- You have managed staff before
- You have an eye for detail and processes
- You can manage multiple projects with recurring changes, updates, and deadlines
- You know what makes a dynamic classroom learning environment
- You have experience in education delivery and instructional mentorship
- You have experience in making difficult decisions, tackling problems head-on, and can articulate lessons learned
- You have a track record of delivering excellent customer/student satisfaction
- You have successfully worked with a wide variety of individuals from diverse backgrounds
- You have excellent communication skills and experience in being the main point of contact or representative for a brand
- You can operate independently in a remote environment and cultivate strong relationships in a primarily remote capacity
- You have been a part of a growing environment and are comfortable with evolving roles and responsibilities
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role
- Full-Time Boot Camp programs run during business hours Monday-Friday. Part-Time Boot Camp courses run during the evenings Monday-Thursday. Office hours are held before and after classes. With the Emerging Product SSM’s role focused both on student support and administrative follow up, hours of the SSM role are flexible, however, you will be expected to spread your working time over business hours, evenings, and during class every other weekend or as needed.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
2U is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U Cape Town offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with coffee from our in-house barista. We have other in-house perks like subsidised healthy meals, a gym with free yoga sessions and social events all year round. We celebrate special milestones like birthdays and workaversaries, truly showing that #RelationshipsMatter.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- 4% 2U contribution towards Discovery Life Pension Fund and Group Risk Benefit
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: CapeTown,WesternCape,SouthAfrica
Application Deadline: N/A