Website The Harvest
This Job Listing is about The Harvest in EMEA
About the job
The Harvest is a AAA MOBA shooter game powered by the blockchain. In this free-to-play game, players join matches of 12 people in four 3-person teams and engage with fast-paced timeboxed matches that appeal to both casual and hardcore players.
By supporting multiple crypto communities through a multichain framework, The Harvest will cater to millions of players and a variety of project collaborations in a single metaverse where the players will
be allowed to exercise governance and have true ownership and control of their in-game assets (such as hero’s skins, cards, user identity items, virtual lands, and game currencies) thanks to the use of fungible and non-fungible tokens (NFTs).
The Harvest studio is a relatively new but mighty organization with a leadership team of veterans from the gaming and blockchain industries. With a fully remote team, you’ll work together with a diverse group of people from many countries in South America and Europe.
About the role
As a Head of Security, you will play a key role in the organization. We believe the security of our users, players, and investors is of uttermost importance, especially in the context of a blockchain game, where hacks, scams, and exploits are unfortunately very common.
You will perform overall company security responsibilities, obligations, and duties, creating protocols and policies needed to secure and protect sensitive information. You will also oversee data protection, copyrights, intellectual property, and many other related risks that may arise in the context of our games. Moreover, you will be responsible for hiring and structuring the security team that will be responsible for expanding the implementations and processes that you will initiate.
What You’ll Do
● Actively look for security vulnerabilities in our application and network, reporting issues and describing possible solutions
● Design and maintain our security infrastructure.
● Stay up to date with security news, keeping an eye out for the latest vulnerabilities and remedies emerging in the field.
● Actively liaise with the development team to ensure a secure architecture.
● Actively liaise with the development team to ensure thorough automated testing of all source code (e.g., via TDD).
● Provide regular reports auditing our current services and latest changes, as well as our internal practices.
● Monitor our server traffic, ticketing, and reporting unusual packets.
● Implement Cloud security best practices, such as AWS Well-Architected Framework
● Assure DDoS Protection to all our endpoints, both on the game side and on the blockchain side
● Evaluate and onboard anti-cheat and anti-hack solutions related to the game client and server
● Collaborate with Business, Game Dev, Finance, and Engineering teams in a dynamic environment
What you’ll need
● Relevant education in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
● Relevant certification, such as CCNA or OWSE
● Thorough understanding of potential attack vectors such as XSS, injection, hijacking, social engineering, and so on.
● Thorough understanding of cryptographic primitives and their underlying principles.
● Sound command of game clients (Unreal/Unity) and backends
● Thorough understanding of networking protocols and applications, such as TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS, and CDNs.
● Programming proficiency necessary to write and execute scripts from the command line.
● Active in the security community. Regularly attends meetups or conferences.
● Contributes to open source projects, or creates purpose-built tools for security work.
● Working understanding of Agile Development processes.
● Excellent communication skills. Ability to translate complex ideas into simple solutions.
● Understanding of smart contract and blockchain security vulnerabilities
● Fluent English
Who You Are
● You are an autonomous independent thinker with an entrepreneurial spirit
● You are a resourceful person with a go-getter attitude;
● You are passionate about the gaming and blockchain industries and are thirsty for innovation;
● You are not afraid to propose and explore new initiatives;
● You are a determined and persistent leader who wants to deliver results;
● You are passionate about working on and solving problems;
● You are a team player. You’re willing to help out wherever needed;
Company: The Harvest
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: EMEA
Application Deadline: N/A