This Job Listing is about Eaton in Johannesburg,Gauteng,SouthAfrica 2022
About the job
The primary function for this role is to ensure the safe delivery of quality components to internal/external customers in South Africa in the most efficient manner possible.Ensure daily production targets are met, Design of non-standard transformers according to customer specification and hold team accountable to achieve manufacturing targets.
- Ensure that the production team recognizes safety as an major key Metrix.
- Creates an environment where employees are partners in resolving safety, quality, and production challenges.
- Support the workforce in driving a proactive improvement culture.
- Utilize Eaton Business system tools including MESH and ELSS proactively drive safety improvements and favorably reduce recordable and lost time injuries.
- Leverage existing EBS tools to reduce manufacturing costs, improve efficiency and eliminate waste measured in labor productivity and cost per labor hour.
- Ensure on-going Rapid Improvement Events focused on making needle moving improvements in areas of the facility that are critical to meeting overall business objectives.
- Ensure the team delivers Cost Productivity projects and results, including participating in a monthly project review of key projects.
- Use systemic processes including KPI’s and Operation planning and rough cut capacity reviews to ensure the department has the capacity and the capability to meet customer demand.
- Support functional directives as required within the business.
- Design Transformers as per required specification and ensure high quality standard is maintained.
- Review B.O.M’s Quarterly to ensure accurate levels are maintained.
- Perform inhouse testing of transformers and compilation of test reports for record keeping.
- Perform customer F.A.T’s when required.
- Conduct A3 problem solving analysis and provide solution and rectification.
- Conduct Burn-in testing of new transformer designs.
- Overall “hands on” team player.
Education level required
- N6 Electrical Engineering (Electro Technics- essential)
Years And Area Of Experience Required
- 10 years Supervisor/Teamleader in transformer manufacturing enviroment.
- Transformer design and testing
- Peoples person and team player
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for job applicants and employees. Our recruitment processes use balanced selection criteria and avoid unlawful discrimination against applicants on the basis of their age, colour, disability, marital status, national origin, gender, gender identity, genetic information, race or racial origin, religion, sexual orientation or any other status protected or required by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg,Gauteng,SouthAfrica
Application Deadline: N/A