This Job Listing is about Ttris in London,England,UnitedKingdom 2022
About the job
About JLL –
We’re JLL—a leading professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. We have operations in over 80 countries and a workforce of over 98,000 individuals around the world who help real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. As a global Fortune 500 company, we also have an inherent responsibility to drive sustainability and corporate social responsibility. That’s why we’re committed to our purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world. We’re using the most advanced technology to create rewarding opportunities, amazing spaces and sustainable real estate solutions for our clients, our people and our communities.
Our core values of teamwork, ethics and excellence are also fundamental to everything we do and we’re honored to be recognized with awards for our success by organizations both globally and locally.
Creating a diverse and inclusive culture where we all feel welcomed, valued and empowered to achieve our full potential is important to who we are today and where we’re headed in the future. And we know that unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives help us think bigger, spark innovation and succeed together.
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all of the requirements below. We’re interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
Pre-Construction Manager – Tétris UK
Tetris UK London
Tétris is a wholly owned subsidiary of JLL, a global real estate services firm that provides comprehensive, integrated property related expertise, including management, transaction and advisory services, to investors and occupiers locally, regionally and globally.
Tétris delivers turnkey design & build, detail & build or just build services using a network of partner trade package sub-contractors and suppliers. Through strong growth and outstanding regional Client service, the Tétris business has become EMEA’s leading design & build, interior fit-out services provider. This core business in JLL’s EMEA region has grown from two acquisitions in Spain (2006) and France (2007) to the present, where it delivers office, hotel and retail fit-out projects in 16 countries.
Circa $700m gross
16 countries – France, Germany, UK, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Poland, South Africa, Belgium, Luxembourg, Czech Republic, Switzerland, Netherlands, Morocco, Brazil, Romania
Senior Pre-Construction Manager
External: Leaders within potential and current clients; suppliers and sub-contractors; statutory organisations (City Planning Departments, H&S etc.), architectural firms, engineers.
The successful candidate will be a graduate with industry experience, ideally working on Design and Build office interior fit out projects.
As Pre-Construction Manager/Project Co-ordinator, you will be fully responsible for assigned projects. You will lead, guide, manage and support the project teams, including other Pre-Construction team members, Design and the Business Development (“BD”) team – primarily up to handover to the Build team, but to be available post-handover.
You will be responsible for owning assigned projects up to formal appointment, driving the relevant project team members to ensure tenders, whether negotiated or competitive, are managed fully and appropriately.
Excellent management, communication and presentation skills are a pre-requisite combined with a keen understanding of the design process and commercial nature of a turnkey design and build business.
Above all to take this job description as our minimum expectation, to work over and beyond our minimum expectation in order to achieve the success that is available to you within the business.
- In conjunction with the BD, Design and Build teams attending and contributing to briefing and initial tender process.
- Ownership of projects pre-formal appointment – and post-appointment where required – including:
- ensuring BD and Design maintain agreed deliverables, programmes and submission deadlines;
- leading and overseeing mid-tender, submission and post tender meetings with the client – as determined by Head of Build;
- leading and overseeing supply chain tender process.
- Analysing all relevant information, including but not limited to tender or client-provided documentation.
- Liaison with internal BD, Design and Build teams to develop the Scope of Works.
- Provide advice to Design team on specification / budget during the development of the design.
- Production of quantified Cost Plan (CSA) for pricing.
- Identification of general competitive supply chain and specific sub-contractor designed portion (SCDP) trade sub-contractors from the Tetris accredited preferred supply chain list, taking into account size and complexity of the works and of specific SCDP elements.
- Identification of alternative subcontractors and suppliers to ensure preferred supplier list remains competitive and capable of delivering to a growing business.
- The compilation and issue of trade sub-contractor and supplier enquiry packages, including:
- production of a quantified Bill of Quantities (CSA) for pricing if not included within the issued Tender Documents or the checking for accuracy of a quantified Bill of Quantities if provided as part of the issued Tender Documents.
- where, relevant, to reflect the requirements of the Design, Preliminaries, the Works, Logistical limitations, the Form of Contract and any other elements within the Tender Documentation as they affect individual trade packages.
- General liaison with the SCDP and other sub-contractors and suppliers during the tender process, the organisation of site visits and the resolution of their queries.
- Instigating engagement of and liaising with as necessary any external specialist design services (MEP / Structural etc) which may be required to produce a technically compliant scheme in line with the general architectural / interior design proposal.
- Arrange for and manage commercial responsibilities for, various aspects, including but not limited to:
- site survey work (dimensional building survey and surveys and validations of existing services).
- Building Control, Local Authority, planning applications and other statutory requirements.
- Preparation of a prime cost CSA including analysing and levelling sub-contractors tenders within trade comparison schedules and the compilation of detailed Preliminary costs reflecting accurate project management, site services and logistical requirements.
- Presentation of prime cost CSA and other matters of risk, qualification and margin at internal pre-submission adjudication meeting with senior management and other key stakeholders.
- Produce / manage the preparation of “Technical” bid submission documentation, including but not limited to tender stage Contractors Proposals design development, indicative pre-contract phase and contract phase programmes, design methodology statements, construction methodology statements, logistics plans and commentaries, cash flow forecasts, project team structures and information in connection with insurances, H&S, quality control, sustainability etc.
- Manage, develop and assist the preparation of bid submission documentation (i.e. any Tender RFI process etc.) in conjunction with the BD, Design and Build.
- Present costs to Client by submission or as part of a submission pitch team.
- Oversee and attend any mid-term meetings / interviews with the Employer and their team, including assisting in the preparation of meeting presentation information.
- Co-ordinate, prepare and issue responses to any post submission queries received from the Employer or his professional team in connection with our tender submission documents.
- Undertake / take part in any post tender negotiations / meetings / interviews, revising costs as design evolves until final CSA is agreed including the development of any payment schedule.
- Raise, issue and agree with the Client relevant PCSA / LoI / JCT contract forms / Tetris contract forms and any insurance and security requirements – in conjunction with Tetris wider commercial / legal teams.
- Collate, prepare and submit Licence to Alter package to Client’s landlord.
- On appointment by the Client, manage and chair internal pre-start meeting to brief and handover final issue tender submission documentation to Build and finalise a Contract Budget, and co-ordinate conclusion / agreement of final formal contract terms.
- Awareness of current legislation and assisting in applying this with designers at an early stage of the project.
- Maintain accurate records and ensure project teams do the same, in accordance with good practice and any internal process requirements.
- As an ongoing task from the outset of the process, set up and subsequently ensure that all documentation of any nature is filed in the appropriate format on the shared drive under the project folder.
- As an ongoing task, assist the Pre-Construction Manager with general supply chain management activities.
- Comply with all internal policies and processes and maintain the highest ethical standards.
Personal Qualities & Personality
- Self-motivated team player
- Strong sense of need to achieve goals and successes
- Be comfortable in presenting to external stakeholders
- A good working knowledge of the following software:
- Asta/MS Projects or equivalent
- Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Excel)
- Specialist take off software
- AutoDesk (preferred)
- Excellent knowledge of market practice and best value
- Excellent attention to detail and quality
- Ability to balance routine, ad hoc and deadline driven tasks
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the business
- The commercial acumen and intellect to influence management team and clients.
- Experience gained in commercial environments demanding financial goals and business growth.
- To be constantly ahead of trends, innovative solutions and materials.
- To be brand ambassador, drive for excellence.
What You Can Expect From Us
We succeed together and believe the best inspire the best, so we invest in supporting each other, learning together and celebrating our success.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your career ambitions, recognizing your contributions, investing in your well-being and providing competitive benefits and pay.
We can’t wait to see where your ambitions take you at JLL. Apply today!
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may contact us at Accommodation Requests. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London,England,UnitedKingdom
Application Deadline: N/A