Are you looking for a Job at UNICEF in Muscat, Masqaţ, Oman
About the job
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, opportunities.
How can you make a difference?
Purpose Of The Consultancy
Under the supervision of the Fundraising (FR) Officer, the consultant will be responsible for supporting the development and implementation of the fundraising plan, with a focus on donor acquisition through digital channels. The Digital FR Consultant will support in planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating fundraising strategies and private sector fundraising activities through digital channels in support of the Romania Country Office Private Sector Plan 2018-2022.
The Digital FR Consultant will work in close cooperation with the Communications and Fundraising Manager, Database Management Associate, Stewardship Consultant, Online Consultant and other relevant staff and FR suppliers (for example, the digital agency, telemarketing agency etc.) in order to implement digital FR campaigns, for obtaining efficient results, according to established Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
In 2018, UNICEF started a new five-year country partnership with Romania. The overall aim of the partnership is to continue to accelerate the universal realization of child rights and improve the situation of excluded children living in marginalized communities with large minorities and in most vulnerable and deprived areas. This is accompanied by promoting a culture of rights, social norms and alliances that will benefit all children and enhance equity and solidarity in the country.
Also, UNICEF continues to be the ‘Voice’ for children and adolescents, advocating and communicating around key national policies, social issues, mind sets and attitudes. In the current country programme, UNICEF in Romania continues to raise funds locally, both for national projects and for other countries.
More details about UNICEF in Romania work for children are available at www.unicef.org/romania/ro
The private sector’s role as a key contributor to other resources is expected to grow. UNICEF fundraises from both the private individuals and corporate sector and is bringing on the market new techniques with excellent results in other markets.
In line with its Private Sector FR Plan (PSP) for 2018-2022, the UNICEF Office in Romania is increasing its fundraising efforts from private individuals, with a focus on building long term sustainable income, through monthly (pledge) donations. This will be achieved primarily by growing the number of pledge donors acquired through current channels (direct debit, online and SMS) and by upgrading, cross-selling, reactivation of donations for existing donors, through TM campaigns.
With the growth of digital behaviour as a consequence of the COVID-19 pandemic (for e.g., e-commerce grew by 30% in 2020 compared to 2019, from EUR 4.3 bn to EUR 5.6 bn), UNICEF sees a good opportunity to expand digital fundraising channel in a strategic manner. More effective use of digital communications channels represents a valuable opportunity for UNICEF in terms of income generation, offering new and cost-efficient ways to reach supporters and engage them in support of UNICEF’s work in Romania.
The key tasks expected to be fulfilled by the consultant are (but not limited to):
- Acts as a focal point for digital fundraising campaigns and activities for internal and external stakeholders (e.g. online agency, telemarketing agency etc.);
- Contributes to the development of the online acquisition strategy, annual workplans, digital FR campaign strategies to drive donations via www.unicef.org/romania/ro website, in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders (e.g. digital agency);
- Supports in implementing, optimizing and monitoring the digital fundraising campaigns. This includes contribution to planning and execution of digital fundraising campaigns, supporting the production of multi-channel digital content, FR landing pages, online marketing activities such as display advertising, social networking and search engine marketing in collaboration with internal stakeholders and external vendors (e.g. online agency), having as a target: to generate donations for UNICEF in Romania;
- Analyses, reviews and implements changes to FR landing pages so they are optimized for search engines.
- Monitors and analyzes digital FR KPIs, suggesting improvements and optimizations, in order to reach the planned number of donations set as target for the respective digital FR campaign. Compiles digital fundraising analytic reports.
- Researches and monitors trends and best practices in digital marketing and fundraising in order to improve in-house practices.
- Collaborates with relevant stakeholders to integrate payment processor into the donation landing pages and performs requested testing, ensuring that the process is easy to use.
- Delivers specified outcomes and offers recommendations for improvement within own area of activity.
- in place digital FR campaign strategies and plans;
- optimized fundraising landing pages that support acquisition of pledge donors;
- developed digital FR content (visuals, search terms etc.);
- number of new recruited online donors through the landing pages;
- specific digital FR and analytics reports.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Qualification and experience:
- University degree in Marketing, Social Science, Communication, Fundraising, Business Administration or another relevant field is required.
- A minimum of five years of relevant work experience is required. A minimum of three years of experience in digital marketing, coordinating and / or implementing digital conversion / sales campaigns is a must.
- Experience in working in the non-profit sector or INGOs is an advantage.
- Fluency in English and Romanian is a must.
Skills And Competencies
- excellent communication, presentation and public speaking skills;
- demonstrable knowledge of digital marketing, digital sales, performance digital campaigns;
- diplomatic negotiation, influencing and networking skills to establish and maintain trusted relationship and to develop close and effective working relationships;
- planning, implementing, monitoring and optimization skills;
- strong creative skills, supported by analytical skills
- demonstrated ability to adjust to unexpected challenges and proposing counter measures accordingly;
- computer literacy.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
Click here to learn more about UNICEF’s values and competencies.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
General Conditions – Procedures And Logistics
- the consultant will work in the UNICEF office in Bucharest when the context allows it;
- all information and communications of the team with UNICEF or other partners during this consultancy and in relation to it will be confidential, if not agreed otherwise;
- payments will be made monthly after the delivery of tasks, based on the activity report signed by the supervisor.
The consultant will sign a health statement prior to taking the assignment and the designation form will be completed. UNICEF Terms and Conditions (attached) will apply. Travel costs to project sites and attending project meetings (situations when the Consultant is authorized to have access to UNICEF transport) will be covered by UNICEF outside the contract.
The application will be made in the dedicated UNICEF platform and it must include:
- an updated CV focused on the skills and experience requested by the current consultancy;
- a cover letter underlining the motivation for applying for the position and how the candidate’s experience, skills and experience match the requirements of the position;
- a financial offerFinancial bid_digital FR.docx , specifying the requested net monthly fee in RON.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications which do not include the financial offer will not be considered.
The contract will be awarded based on the best combination of expertise and fee.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.
Vacancy Type: Contract · Associate
Job Location: Muscat, Masqaţ, Oman
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org