Website ViewRay, Inc.
This Job Listing is about ViewRay Inc in EMEA
About the job
Job Title: Technical Services Engineer
ViewRay®, Inc. (Nasdaq: VRAY) designs, manufactures, and markets the MRIdian® radiation therapy system. MRIdian is built upon a proprietary high-definition MR imaging system designed from the ground up to address the unique challenges and clinical workflow for advanced radiation oncology. Unlike MR systems used in diagnostic radiology, MRIdian’s high-definition MR was purposely built to deliver high-precision radiation without unnecessary beam distortion, and consequently, help to mitigate skin toxicity and other safety concerns that may otherwise arise when high magnetic fields interact with radiation beams.
At ViewRay, our vision is clear. We’re dedicated to giving doctors new and better ways to treat cancer with radiation therapy.
We’re an entrepreneurial company with big ambitions, unlimited potential, and a passion for improving the lives of patients with cancer. We’re always on the lookout for talented people who share our commitment and values. Contact us if you’re enthusiastic about working with a close-knit team and motivated by the prospect of making a difference.
The Vision for Success
ViewRay is seeking an engaging, driven, and passionate individual to support the rapidly growing customer base of a fine medical instrument capable of magnetic resonance image guided radiation therapy. The right person will enthusiastically embrace new challenges and be a part of a team dedicated to excellence. A self-starter with the determination and fortitude to approach each problem from multiple angles knowing that failure is always lurking yet, will not let it dampen their drive for success. This person is motivated by the opportunity to change the way medicine is practiced to ultimately improve the lives of cancer patients being treated with radiation therapy helping save precious human lives.
The Technical Services Engineer position has the responsibility of supporting and managing servicing activities for ViewRay equipment that is assigned in territory to ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction. You will provide Technical Support to Teammates and customers by phone, online, or onsite as determined by system status and customer requirements. For the most part, you will manage your schedule and work priorities to ensure that urgent customer requirements are addressed appropriately, and customer satisfaction is optimized. This will require a high level of self-motivation and organization on your part. The ViewRay MRIdian LINAC system is amazing in its design and capability. It will challenge your technical skills as it is the first system on the market that combines MRI imaging and Linear accelerator technology. Our customers are early adopters and very engaged and vested in our mutual success which makes this an exciting opportunity.
- Support customers by triaging, troubleshooting, and communicating with Teammates/customers when dealing with hardware and software type issues that are reported via ServiceMax work orders.
- Responsible for escalation and timely resolution of issues assigned, including owning all internal communication and coordination until issue is resolved
- Serve as a subject matter expert on the application and/or operational troubleshooting and support of the MRIdian
- Promote customer satisfaction through the timely response to escalated calls, clear and effective communications with internal and external customers, be capable of highly efficient repair/maintenance activities and possess excellent problem-solving skills.
- Execute our customer support strategy to maximize long-term installed base customer loyalty.
- Provide accurate and clear documentation of work activities using our customer management database, so that these records provide appropriate documentation of the product service history for regulatory compliance.
- Be involved in Hardware and Software upgrade programs
- Attention to detail and ability to follow up is critical.
- Must be a motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently and/or in a cross-functional work team environment.
The Value You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in EE or equivalent experience required
- Excellent IT skills with an understanding of networking
- Ability and willingness to travel at short notice
- Strong system level troubleshooting skills
- 3-5 years’ experience with Field Service of radiation producing medical devices such as Linear Accelerators, MRI, or CT.
- Experience with high power RF systems, magnetics and cryogenic systems preferred
- 3+ years’ experience in field service for medical devices & engineering
- 2+ years’ experience around high-power RF systems, magnetics, and cryogenic systems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Will be required to show proof of proper immunizations as required by our customer sites.
- Will be required to complete a criminal background check every 12 months.
- Must be able to work around high strength magnets.
- Must routinely lift and/or move physical inventory, tools and test equipment, or boxes weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must occasionally move or transport physical inventory weighing up to 1500 pounds utilizing lifting/moving devices such as jib cranes, boom cranes, lifting fixtures, hand dollies and equipment dollies.
- Must periodically lift/move/or hold in place machine parts weighing up to 80 pounds.
- Must periodically stand, kneel, or crouch as required during machine maintenance or repair.
- You may be required to work hours other than a traditional 8:00 am to 5:00 pm and you may be required to travel at short notice. Work schedules are determined by a combination of, but not limited to, our service obligations, customer service needs, and manager input. The position will report to the Technical Services Manager EMEA.
ViewRay provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status or genetic information.
Company: ViewRay, Inc.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: EMEA
Application Deadline: N/A