This Job Listing is about VMware in Doha, Doha, Qatar
About the job
Senior Consultant – SDDC – HCX / vCDA (Doha)
The Elevator Pitch: Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
The most advanced companies in the world turn to VMware to manage, grow, and transform their business. When you work here, you’re connected to a global community of innovative, empowered employees working together to solve the most critical technology challenges. The global VMware Professional Services influences the success of each VMware implementation and is dedicated to the success of the customer and their digital strategy. Our team of 30,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to creating an environment where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back.
As a Senior Consultant, you will engage in customer-facing work focused on the delivery of VMware solutions. Join us on our journey to innovate!
Success in the Role: What are the performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
- As a Senior Consultant SDDC, you hold responsibility for designing, deploying and vetting customer requirements to implement virtual infrastructure, configuration recommendations and planning, and identification of deployment validation processes and procedures.
- You will acquire intimate knowledge of the customers’ business and its strategic goals and use your in-depth knowledge of VMware Virtual Infrastructure Deployment, Management & Administration to work with sales, pre-sales, and customers on building successful delivery roadmaps.
- Within 45 days of employment, you will be able to ensure the solution being delivered is fit for purpose through referencing the initial business goals and objectives, demonstrating commercial and scope awareness, and understanding the wider technical landscape and how it relates to/integrates with customer environments
- Within 90 days of employment, you will be expected to take full ownership of business outcomes, lead technical project teams and take accountability for all project deliverables further developing your documentation, technical writing and interpersonal skills
What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
- Articulate solution design, integrating both technical and business concepts, and present a transformational journey to project stakeholders.
- Work with Project Managers and follow work stream timelines.
- Deploy high and low-level enterprise solutions while functioning as a resource for “Best Practices” and driving adoption of VMware solutions.
- Maintain current, high-level technical knowledge of the entire VMware product line and future product direction and expert level knowledge of the core VMware product line and your specialist area
- Use your VCP (VMware Certified Professional, referable VCAP/VCIX) and IT Networking certifications to deliver Network virtualization and cross-cloud solutions.
- Assist in the development of our consulting service offerings as well as developing white papers and best practices
- Assess client’s network infrastructure and the VMware Software-define Datacentre solution portfolio
- Understand and articulate the impact of Network Virtualization and Security to a customer’s physical IP network, operations and future network and networking security architectures.
- Take part in the planning of virtualized network infrastructure rollouts and migrations with a particular focus on SDDC solutions
- Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of cloud computing and networking applications, industry directions, and trends.
- Maintain working knowledge of competitive architectures
- Demonstrate thought leadership in network virtualization and cloud computing.
- You provide a broad range of vSphere and other products design experience in large environments
- HCX knowledge is a must, vCDA is a plus, multicloud knowledge is also a plus. Core products knowledge is a must
- Speaking and writing Arabic and English fluently
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
Fabio Fedele is the hiring manager for this position. Fabio is a senior manager who has been working for VMware for 10+ years.
Very well focused on people management as well as business-oriented decisions, Fabio has been nominated as top manager in METNA in 2018 and has been supporting in growing the delivery team from 7 to 60+ employees since he joined Dubai.
Embracing and promoting the VMware EPIC2 values and focusing on customer centricity, Fabio believes that “People makes the difference” and play the key role in guaranteeing the highest customer satisfaction
Where is this role located?
Flexible: The location of this role is flexible within Qatar. Work will be done from an office some days during a week and other days from a non-VMware building.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
- Generous Time Off Programs
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Rethink’s Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
- Wellness reimbursement and online fitness and wellbeing group classes
Category : Services and Consulting
Subcategory: Solutions Architect
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2022-04-11
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Doha, Doha, Qatar
Application Deadline: N/A