Website Wood Mackenzie
This Job Listing is about Wood Mackenzie in Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
About the job
Wood Mackenzie is the global leader in data, analysis and consulting across the energy, chemicals, metals, mining, power and renewables sectors.
Founded in 1973, our success has always been underpinned by the simple principle of providing trusted research and advice that makes a difference to our customers. Today we have over 2,000 customers ranging from the largest global energy companies and financial institutions to governments as well as smaller market specialists.
Our teams are located around the world. This enables us to stay closely connected with customers and the markets and sectors we cover. Collectively this allows us to offer a compelling combination of global commodity analysis with detailed local market knowledge.
Wood Mackenzie values each individual’s contribution and helps them reach their full potential while sustaining an organisational culture of health and well-being.
Our Core Values Are
- Respect for the Individual
- Confidence with humility
We understand the importance of bringing your whole self to work and to achieving balance between work, family and other life commitments. We are open to considering flexible working arrangements to enable the greatest spectrum of talent to contribute to Wood Mackenzie’s success.
We are committed to supporting our people to grow and thrive. We value different perspectives and aspire to create an inclusive environment that encourages diversity and fosters a sense of belonging. We are committed to creating a workplace that works for you and encourage everyone to get involved in our Wellness, Diversity and Inclusion, and Community Engagement initiatives. We actively support flexible working and are happy to consider alternative work patterns, taking into account your needs and the needs of the team or division that you are looking to join.
Hear what our team has to say about working with us:
We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
The metals and mining industry will play a central and crucial role in the key issues of the coming decades: the energy transition, critical supply chains, geopolitics, socio-environmental stewardship, economic development, and others. Wood Mackenzie Consulting is uniquely positioned to help industry stakeholders successfully navigate these changing times and make decisions that enable them to unlock their potential.
In this context, we are seeking individuals with commercial, mineral marketing, strategy, or management consulting experience and an entrepreneurial spirit to help grow our consulting practice. The successful candidates will be senior members of the metals and mining consulting team covering the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region, which is responsible for delivering an expanding range of consulting services. You will take a leading role in our project teams delivering this wide variety of consulting projects to clients. We are seeking team members at managing consultant and senior managing consultant (Principal) level.
As a key member of our EMEA team, you will be responsible for project managing commercially-driven consultancy projects and for helping us enhance and deepen our advisory relationship with clients. The position requires the ability to apply detailed knowledge of and experience in the extractive industries to a broad range of client situations, including the implications and opportunities inherent in the transition to greener industries, and to develop strategic insight from an array of analyses.
Focus Areas For The Role Include
- Managing and delivering consulting engagements, with support from the Project Director and subject matter experts
- Coaching and mentoring junior consultants assigned to project teams and in other capacities
- Ensuring clear and frequent communication with project stakeholders (WoodMac leaders, team members, client contacts, etc.)
- Supporting the regional Head of Metals & Mining Consulting with development of consulting opportunities, project scoping and proposal development
- Working closely with the global consulting group to promote best practice in our existing offerings and to take a key role in the future development of the consulting offerings
- For the more senior Principal role, lead development and business development responsibilities are greater, although both roles will normally spend the majority of their time delivering consulting engagements
While the role is as part of the EMEA team, you will be involved in a range of consulting projects spanning the globe. The successful candidate will therefore be expected to travel on a project-specific basis. Clients will include major mining & metals companies, junior mining companies, private equity firms, financial institutions, infrastructure operators, investors, governments and others.
- Project planning – define course of action to accomplish goal of assignment
- Maintain close communication with clients to keep them informed of progress an ensure projects bring impactful insights that add strategic value
- Organise proper resources for projects, manage project implementation, and ensure high-quality delivery within the budget
- Oversee the work of other members of the team
- Identify follow-up and resale opportunities
- Follow consulting procedures and methodologies
- Develop relationships with consulting clients to foster repeat business
- Discuss consulting needs with clients, prepare and present proposals to clients
- Collaborate with the team to scope opportunities and to estimate fees for quotation
- Participate in industry events to network with potential clients, where appropriate
- Coach and mentor other consultants, taking personal responsibility for their development
- Support the regional Head of Metals & Mining Consulting in expanding the consulting practice
- Assist with the development of new consulting offerings, to provide better insights and solutions to our clients
- Lead project reviews to foster continuous improvement (team, team members, etc.)
Analysis And Commercial/Strategic Intelligence
- Identify, obtain, sort and organise sources of information, both from the public domain and internal databases
- Validate, analyse and critically assess sources of information
- Select an appropriate analytical tool(s) for each assignment
- Utilise Wood Mackenzie products to extract information and data useful for the consulting engagement, when applicable
- Take ownership of and responsibility for analysis undertaken
Communication And Approach
- Keep abreast of developments across the metals and mining space, to identify business development opportunities and to provide insightful results to clients
- Collaborate closely with project team members, consultants from other projects / regions / sectors, research and sales teams, etc.
- Offer solutions to problems and challenges the status quo
- Knowledge of the extractive industries gained from 5-10 years’ professional experience.
- Proven experience of working in project teams, whether in a consulting or commercial context or within an operating or service company
- Strong understanding of extractive industries, operations, business models, and strategies
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Ability to prepare high quality written reports in Word and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of and experience in handling energy transition related projects in the metals and mining industry will be a plus, including on topics such as circular economy, green strategy and critical raw material strategy
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Consumer Privacy Notice
Company: Wood Mackenzie
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A